Who are you!?
Founder & Executive Director - Josh Chamberlain
"I grew up on the beaches of Ocean City. I played under the boardwalk as a kid, ran through the streets of Shantytown, crabbed off the rocks at Stinky Beach, managed businesses, owned a business and lived downtown. This is my home and I will do everything I can to make it better for my children and the children who live here."
Vice President - Deb Heft
Deb Heft joins GO Green OC as VP after a lifetime of efforts towards helping to create a more socially conscious and environmentally sensitive culture. Having helped start the first recycling program in Fairfax as a prime mover, VA GGOC is coming full circle on personal interests and efforts towards zero waste (ok-not zero waste yet!), initiative of reduced consumption, reuse of materials, recycling, composting and activism in daily life. Living full time in Ocean City for many years now, volunteering with GO Green OC provides a unique opportunity to further higher bar programs, choices and efforts which impact the sustainability and fragility of our unique natural world.
Director of Compost Operations - Garvey Heiderman
Bio coming soon.
Director - Mandi Wells
Mandi is in her 19th year at Stephen Decatur High School, where she spent time teaching science and coaching field hockey and softball. She now works as the Curriculum Resource Teacher at SDHS. In January, 2018, she co-founded the Stephen Decatur Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation. Serving as the liaison between the students and the Ocean City chapter of the Surfrider Foundation, Mandi coordinates youth volunteer efforts for beach clean ups and other initiatives. Through this, she became involved with Go Green OC, and hopes to use her platform at the high school to assist Go Green OC in their endeavors towards a Zero Waste environment.
Director / Treasurer - Brian Roberts
Bio coming soon.
What We've Achieved (updated weekly)
Partnered with Energy Justice Network (March 1)
Met with Mayor and staff (March 23)
Partnered with the Institute for Local Self-Reliance (March 24)
Attended Surfrider Meeting (April 7)
Corresponded with to all Worcester County Commissioners officially requesting recycling pickup center be established in West Ocean City Park & Ride. (April 11)
Began Production of video campaign (April 12)
Officially adopted Stinky Beach as our clean up site for 2018 (April 16)
• Phone conferenced with Covanta regarding their incineration practices (April 19)
• Travelled to Washington D.C. to meet organizations and environmentalist (April 21)
• OFFICIAL WEB LAUNCH (Earth Day)
• Travelled to Chester, Pennsylvania to meet with community residents affected by the trash incinerator. (April 28)
• Launched Press Tour (May 7)
• Held speech in front of Ocean City Green Team (May 9)
• Hosted first Beach Clean-Up (May 12)
• Launched secret-mission project (June 30)
• Hosted second Beach Clean-Up (July 5)
• Attended Green Team Meeting (July 11)
• Launched Compost Pilot Program (Sep 14-Oct 14)
• Assigned new Vice President Deb Heft to Go Green OC board (Sept 08)
• Assigned new board members (Nov 29)